Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Gloves... Boo

Let me vent here just a little bit on the requirement of gloves in the kitchen.

I now despise them....



 Of all kinds....

Basically they just add an extra layer, get hot, and get in my way.

Now these cutting safety gloves (bottom right) are to prevent you from chopping off your fingers. Not only must you wear this, but you must place an additional plastic glove OVER these. (2 gloves, 1 hand) (Disclaimer: I am not super chef when it comes to chopping food) BUT if you're paying attention to what you're doing it shouldn't be an issue, and these gloves slow me down so much, it's painful to cut anything! Plus, half of the plastic gloves don't fit, so I end up chopping off excess glove that gets in the way (hmmm.... Food safety issue... partial glove in the salad!!!) I will admit that there have been a few times I've taken them off while chopping because they frustrate me so much. Shhh don't tell :)

These "one size fits all" gloves (bottom right) drive me nuts too, they just get in everything, it's almost as though my fingers extend an extra inch, but there's nothing to hold them up and they just tend to droop into anything and then they're dirty within 5 minutes of wear.

Sometimes I feel as though there should be a Knife Skills 101 Class for glove wearers, because I suck.

Sidenote, I would also love to take my knives with me, because they are badass... (Thank Aunt Jane!) I am way more comfortable with a chef's knife versus these long skinny knives most kitchens have.



My Knife

What is this?















At least I can make my own rules in the Castle Kitchen. Other than this minor setback, I'm still having fun and will update shortly.


Until next time!

~Brittani



No comments:

Post a Comment