Saturday, August 18, 2012

Summer Vacay!!!

So it hasn't been all work and no play over my last summer break as a student. (This post has nothing to do with school by the way, just a fun one, with lots of pictures)

Earlier in the summer we went to visit my parents in Austin over Memorial Weekend. Did some shopping, sleeping, floating in the pool, played with my cats, and ate at the Oasis one night. Check out our view!!




Hanging out before the sunset

Davis and Mom

Me and Mom

Andy, Me, Davis (can't you tell He's ExCiTeD to be there)

 Later in the summer we went to the Annual Summer Mummers in Midland.


One of my favorite activities! You get to watch a melodrama, be almost as loud as you want to, drink and get to throw this stuff EVERYWHERE!!!

By the end of the show you are basically swimming in popcorn out the door. I Love It!!! My arms were sore the next day from throwing bag after bag after bag, but totally worth it. It's amazing what little crevices those buttery oily boogers will find their way into...
(sorry, not many pictures, didn't want to get the camera gross from popcorn)

Two days after that, we were on our way to Las Vegas to celebrate my Mother In Laws birthday!! She was surprised with a limo to take us from the airport to the Wynn Hotel. Of course the food is my favorite part of the trip! We had the privilege of eating at Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill


Mango and Spice Crusted Tuna Steak


 



Chocolate Pretzel Tart
  For MIL's actual birthday we went to Botero at the Wynn (Steakhouse). It was delicious!!
Appetizer: Seafood Extravaganza

Happy Birthday Kay!!
 
Ice Cream and Chocolate Lollipops

Smores Doughnuts (Amazing!!)

Our last trip of the summer took us to Costa Rica for a family friend's graduation celebration. (Congrats Claire!) It was beautiful! Bright green everywhere (compared to the brown I'm used to Texas) and very relaxing. I had the opportunity to zip line though the rainforest, which was awesome!! (highly recommend if you get the chance) We swam, ate, relaxed and I got to use what little of my spanish I remember, which isn't much. Our time there flew by way to fast, but a great trip to end the summer on.

The view flying in

The view from the lobby, look at all that green!

These guys were everywhere and they were HUGE





This was waiting for me at check in :)



I would say a very successful and worldly summer :) I can't believe it's almost over as I start back Monday the 20th. Hope you all had wonderful summers and didn't melt in the Texas heat!!

~Brittani

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdnened, and I will give you rest." ~ Matthew 11:28





No comments:

Post a Comment