Monday, August 27, 2012

Week 1, Year 2

First week done of my last year as an intern, I was really glad to get back to school and see everyone again.

After all my summer homework, I feel as though I have been in school for months. We had modules to complete for our clinical rotations this semester that covered nutrition therapy for various disease, such as cancer, pulmonary conditions, AIDS, bariatric surgery, etc. These took up a lot more time than I had originally anticipated, but I know getting a basis for some of these conditions will help me out over the semester.


Tuesday was spent in meetings from 9:30 AM to about 6:15 PM, and surprisingly every minute of them was filled with information. I had previously thought 8 hours of information would be way too much time, but I could not have been more wrong.

Wednesday we had a test that was over the modules we completed over the summer as well as the information we learned the previous semester. We were all nervous, but I think I did ok, however grades haven't come back yet. :/


Thursday was my first day at my hospital site for the semester. It was a deja vu moment, as I have previously worked at my facility about 4 years ago. Some of the people are the same, some are not, but I didn't think anyone would remember me, it was so long ago! A few people did remember me!

For some reason that morning, my stomach would not quit making noises, and no I did not have gas. I ate my normal breakfast, followed my normal routine, but it just decided it wanted to make "hunger" noises all morning long. (I hope you know what I'm talking about, the sound your stomach makes when you're hungry, grumbling and rolling) I wasn't hungry, I'm thinking it was just nerves, but it was embarrassing and of course very noticeable because the office the dietitians work in is a pretty quiet one.

Somehow, two years in a row, I do something embarrassing. I must be great at making first impressions!!

But besides all of that I am really excited for this semester because I definitely want go the clinical route as an RD. My preceptors are easy to get along with, nice and extremely helpful so I know I'm going to learn a lot over this semester. I hear this is the hardest semester of the Coordinated Program, so I am also slightly anxious, but as they say "this too shall pass."

~Brittani


"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men." ~Colossians 3:23


No comments:

Post a Comment