Sunday, March 3, 2013

An Off Week

This past week was a rough one getting to the end. I think it was all the meteors flying around Earth.

My last day at WIC consisted of me basically working as a nutritionist, I did nutrition assessments on the clients and also taught nutrition classes to the participants. Thursday morning I was ready with my game face to take the lead, however I was just having a lot of difficulty speaking and spelling. During some of the assessments with clients I kept jumbling my words making it sound as though I was speaking gibberish, this sort of jumbling talk continued with my classes. Not only was I have a hard time articulating, but during class when I was to write key points on the board for the participants, somehow I could not spell. I'm sure the participants were thinking "That TCU education is really paying off..."

An update to my one site I've been skeptical about... Well, after this week, we are back to square one. I thought things were looking up after having the chance to go out with the dietitians to visit with clients, but this week we made client phone calls and I felt I did my best communicating with the individuals, however the dietitian thought otherwise. She left some not so settling comments about our work and journals we submit each week....

And before we left, we had our usual round table discussion in which she discussed professionalism at our internship rotations. (I guess we weren't professional enough that day) To me it kind of came as a threat because she said employers call them all the time for references on students and is felt as though we'd better make our phone calls or they're going to talk bad about you to future employers.

Awesome motivation to really make me excited about this site for the rest of the semester!

Now we are working with TCU Campus Life and working on a health booth and video. Our booth will feature healthy eating tips during travel, because it will take place shortly before spring break and our video will be about low sodium. Which I know TONS of college kids are super worried about their sodium intake... We will just have to be creative on that one!


We also had the opportunity to recipe test for our preceptor appreciation luncheon taking place in May, and the menu is a hit! Everyone that had the opportunity to try our food loved it. So my group and I are looking very much forward to that.

Spring Break is shortly around the corner and I am ready for it!

~Brittani

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." ~1 Peter 5:7

No comments:

Post a Comment