Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Wedding Survey Fun

As Andy and I are celebrating 2 years of marriage, in the spirit of weddings I came across this wedding survey and thought it would be fun, even though I have already walked that aisle!


How long did you date before you got engaged?
We dated for 2 years before getting engaged.


Did you get the ring you wanted?
Better than what I wanted! I had originally picked out a solitaire, but Andy surprised me with a 3 stone engagement ring.

Was the proposal a complete surprise?
It was a surprise! I was expecting a few months later than when it actually occurred.

Did you cry when he proposed?
I might have shed a tear or two...

Was the proposal romantic or creative?
Romantic

Where do you want to go for your honeymoon?
We looked at going to St. Lucia or Antigua, but we went to the Bahamas and had an amazing time!


Are you buying his wedding band for him?
Yes, through the jeweler in Midland where he purchased my ring

Is your wedding band simple or elaborate?
I would say simple, but it does have some sparkle.


Have you gone over your original wedding budget?
With my mother as our planner, we did great staying within budget!

What day of the year will your wedding be?
It was March 12, 2011

What kind of weather?
In Texas you never know how the weather is, but it ended up being about 78 degrees and sunny. A little warm for my taste, but it could have been snowing.

Inside or outside?
Inside, Texas weather is weird and extremely unpredictable

Time of day?
Early evening

Any kind of theme?
No

Will you serve dinner? Plated or buffet?
Buffet dinner, and it was delicious. My favorite was the mashed potatoes!

What are your wedding day colors?
Purple and silver/gray and white

How many bridesmaids? How do you know them?
5 bridesmaids: My sister (MOH) 3 high school friends and 1 TCU friend


What kind of cake/what will it look like?
Traditional white cake with white icing and swirly decorations.


What kind of dress will you have/color/material?
I fell in love with my dress before even trying it on. The designer: Caymen by Blue by Enzoani, white chiffon material.
A side note: my veil was the veil my mother wore on her wedding day


What kind of flowers in your bouquet?
White roses



Will you wear your hair up or down?
I wore it up so it would look good all night long, especially while dancing the night away. My sister's friend did my hair and it stayed in place the entire evening!

Is the reception big or small?
There were about 250 people, so I would say pretty big!

How long is your honeymoon?
We had 6 days for our honeymoon

What will you do?
We just relaxed from all the wedding stress/craziness. Laid out by the pool, beach, attempted to get a tan (I do not tan), and drank fun island drinks.

What is the age difference between you and your groom?
I am one year and 20 days older than Andy.

Have you hired a wedding planner?
We did not have a wedding planner, my mother was the best wedding planner we could have had! She was awesome, super organized and I think if she wanted to go into it professionally she would be extremely successful.



"'Haven't you read,' he replied, 'that at the beginning the Creator made them male and female and said for this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh. So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.'" ~Matthew 19:4-6

No comments:

Post a Comment